Meet our Naturopathic Doctors Team - Naturopath Vancouver
The body has an incredible ability to self-regulate and heal. We are known for our thorough assessment (Health Audit) in finding the root cause of your concern. Our goal is to ensure you leave our treatment room feeling informed and inspired. Contact us if you're looking for a naturopath Vancouver.
Our Approach - Naturopath Vancouver
First visit (60-75minutes)
- During your initial consultation with one of our Vancouver naturopaths, we gather a comprehensive health history, reviewing the whole body: hormones, digestion, energy, metabolism, mental health, sleep and more. We analyze past blood work and conduct focused physical exams and in-house testing to establish a thorough understanding of your case.
- You leave with a plan. Strategies that we may use include:
- Nutrition and diet optimization
- IV nutrient therapy, vitamin shots
- Herbal medicine
- Targeted supplementation
- Photobiomodulation / Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
- Lifestyle adjustments: sleep, exercise, stress management, etc.
- Further laboratory or functional medicine testing to help uncover underlying causes and to allow us to design an individualized treatment approach for you.
- Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy
Follow up visit (30-45minutes)
- We are outcome driven. Follow up visits allow for monitoring and adjustments to protocols where needed, and continuity of care. In the beginning, we may have more frequent follow-ups to ensure we have a solid foundation from which to move forward.
- Most visits include in-house testing as an additional assessment; we use these tests to track your progress over time. These include:
- Urine testing
- Live blood analysis
- Saliva testing
Telehealth appointments with Vancouver Naturopaths
- We understand juggling multiple appointments can be time consuming. We offer secure telehealth (video) consults to support our patients from all over the province. Patients who choose to use telehealth can expect the same level of care as in person (with the exception of the use of in-office testing and physical examination). At this time, our college stipulates that we unfortunately can not offer telehealth to patients who reside outside of British Columbia, Canada.
What we do
- Fertility optimization including egg quality and sperm quality
- IVF and IUI support
- Pregnancy loss
- Prenatal, pregnancy and postpartum care
- Hormone imbalances, PMS, menopause
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Pelvic pain
- Recurrent UTI, BV, or yeast infections
- Stress, anxiety & burnout
- Fatigue & insomnia
- Hair loss
- Thyroid support
- Blood sugar regulation
- Healthy weight optimization
- Allergies & autoimmune disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Microbiome optimization
- Food sensitivities & diet optimization
- Irregular bowel movements, bloating & pain
Our goal is radical well-being and vitality and not just absence of disease. This is why in addition to conventional lab tests, we also offer a range of functional medicine testing to uncover the root cause(s) - whether it’s at the level of the cell, the microbiome, or the DNA. Here are some of the functional labs we use daily:
- DNA Testing
- Personalized medicine. DNA allows us to personalize treatments according to your DNA code, and genetic predispositions. This can include assessment of your hormone pathways, inflammation, detoxification pathways and nutrition optimization based on your genetics.
- Gut microbiome
- This is an innovative, advanced test looking at your gut microbiome balance. Our gut microbiome is important not only for digestive health, but also our immune system, our mental health, our metabolism, weight and so much more.
- DUTCH Hormones
- Dried urine testing gives us a comprehensive look at your hormone pathways, including your stress/adrenal pathway. This tests reviews how you produce and break down hormones, and where imbalances may lie.
- Nutritional deficiencies are common. This blood tests reviews vitamin, mineral and amino acid deficiencies so we can tailor dietary plans, oral supplementation, and/or IV nutrition therapy and vitamin shots to your specific needs.
- Sometimes general labs testing is missed or not covered through standard, conventional testing. In other cases, interpretation of results can differ when we are looking to create physiological optimization and not just rule out disease. Dr. MacIssac or Dr. Damm can write you a Lifelabs requisition for missing labs, retesting and monitoring, and will review what testing you’ve had done with previous caregivers.
The Process Is Simple
Free Phone Consult
At your free phone consultation, you and our clinician will discuss your case, medical history, any medications you’re taking, and most important of all, your goals. We want to be certain that our program will meet your needs and there is a high probability of success for you before we move on to the next step.
Assessment & Treatment Plan
Once your free consultation is complete and you agree to move forward, the next step is to book an appointment with one of our naturopaths Vancouver. At this appointment, your clinician will re-assess your symptoms, other relevant factors, and your goals, in order to devise a specific formula catered to you. Your IV will consist of vital vitamins and micronutrients to support you.
Active Treatment & Symptom Resolution
You’ll return for regular visits (exact frequency to be determined by your naturopathic doctor) to ensure close support as you begin to feel the positive shifts of the therapy. We want to make sure your treatment plan is yielding the expected results. Generally, we recommend anywhere from 3-12 sessions, to maximize the nutrients available for cellular use.
Transitional Care As Your Condition Stabilizes
Once we see stable improvements, we will begin to reduce the frequency of your visits. We’ll be here in case you ever want to come in for a tune-up or to address other health concerns that emerge during or after treatment
Taking Care of Your Friends and Loved Ones
We pride ourselves on the fact that 80% of our new patients have been referred to us by our past patients or people in the community who have witnessed their friends and loved ones receiving life-changing benefits from our work.
So we very much look forward to helping your friends, family, and loved ones on their journey to a more joyful, energetic, and purposeful life.
We have been featured in
The Globe and Mail
The Georgia Straight