Low Tech – High Touch: Hands on Healing
The ancient healing method of cupping is a tool within the acupuncture scope of practice that has continuously shown powerful benefits in improving recovery, cellular immunity, alleviating pain, knots, and increasing blood flow while reducing inflammation.
Benefits of Cupping:
- Massage away painful knots & aches
- Improve blood flow & mobility for enhanced recovery
- Smooth away scar tissue & cellulite
- Release toxins & improve cellular immunity
Gua Sha is a manual technique that uses a dull-edged object to gently scrape various areas of the body, typically the back and neck.
Also within the scope of Acupuncture, Gua Sha is helpful for accelerating recovery from musculoskeletal pain as well as for immune system support and respiratory health. It stimulates the immune system through its activation of the connective tissue (which is attached to and subsequently affects organs like the lungs) to treat symptoms such as fever, coughing (acute and chronic), headaches, bronchitis, wheezing, muscle aches, and asthma as well as body pain and stiffness.
Benefits of Gua Sha:
- Helps the body secrete anti-inflammatory cytokines
- Upregulate nitric oxide
- Inhibits the inflammatory actions of white blood cells
- Reduce oxidative stress and chronic inflammation.
At Acubalance, we address the underlying causes of disease using a patient-centered approach addressing the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms.