4 smoked sausages (such as turkey Chorizo, Kielbasa or Bratwurst) cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 yellow onion chopped
2 tablespoons chopped sage
1 cup apple or pear cider
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 cups chopped kale or spinach leaves, lightly packed
1. In a large pot, cook sausage, onions and sage over medium-high heat until just browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Add cider, quinoa, cranberries, salt and 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits.
3. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until liquid is just absorbed, 25-30 minutes.
4. Stir in kale, cover again and set aside off of the heat for 5 minutes.
5. Uncover, fluff with a fork and serve.