2 1/2 teaspoons tsp. plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup (firmly packed) cilantro leaves and stems
1/2 teaspoon cracked coriander seeds
1/2 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lime juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 6-ounce wild salmon fillets
1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
1. Heat 1 1/2 tsp. oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin seeds; sauté until beginning to brown and pop, about 2 minutes. Transfer seeds to paper towels to drain; let cool. Reserve skillet.
2. Pulse 6 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds, cilantro, coriander seeds, and garlic in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
3. With machine running, gradually add 1 Tbsp. lime juice, 1/4 cup oil, then 1/4 cup water, blending until coarse purée forms. Season pesto to taste with salt, pepper, and more lime juice, if desired.
4. Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in reserved skillet over medium heat. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until just opaque in center, 3–4 minutes per side. Place fillets on plates. Spoon pesto over.
5. Garnish with remaining pumpkin seeds. Serve with lime wedges.
- Bon Appetit magazine