2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened cranberries
4-6 tbsp. coconut palm sugar, honey or agave
Pinch of sea salt
1 orange cut up with peel
1/4 cup orange juice (can be subbed with apple juice if desired)
1 tsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
For a different flavor, add 1 or 2 diced apples to cook alongside the berries.
For chutney, add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans after cooking.
1. In a medium saucepan, add all ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Stir and reduce heat to bring to a simmer on medium-low and let cook for about 10-12 minutes.
3. Halfway through cooking (5-6 minutes), use a fork or a spoon to mash the berries and release more of their juices.
4. Let cook for another 5 minutes, occasionally stirring and mashing until thick; the sauce will thicken more as it cools.
5. Serve immediately warm or refrigerate until ready to serve for a chilled sauce. Heat on low to reheat if preferred warm and enjoy!