1 large head of cauliflower
Bunch of kale, stems cut off and chopped
Bunch of parsley, chopped (save some for garnish, if desired)
2 onions or leeks chopped
5 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
Optional for garnish: grated parmesan or yogurt
1. Heat oil in large pot then stir in onions.
2. Stir over medium heat until you hear a sizzle.
3. Cover pot and turn heat to medium low.
4. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are completely soft, about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, remove the green leaves from the cauliflower and cut into small florets.
6. Add to the pot with onions and stir well.
7. Stir in vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
8. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
9. Stir in parsley and kale and cook for another 15 minutes.
10. Purée in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth.
11. Add salt, then reheat until hot.
You can add a spoonful of grated parmesan or full fat yoghurt for extra richness.
Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Greens