3 medium heirloom beets (red golden and candy striped), about 1 1/2 pounds
4 cups mixed baby salad greens
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
1 cup water
1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush.
3. Place beets and 1 cup water in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish; cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour & 30 minutes or until tender.
4. Cool beets slightly.
5. Trim off roots; rub off skins. Cut beets into wedges; cool completely.
6. Place greens and parsley in a large bowl; toss.
7. Combine vinegar, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Gradually drizzle in oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over greens mixture; toss gently.
8. Arrange 1 cup salad on each of 4 plates; top evenly with beets.
9. Top each serving with crumbled cheese and walnuts and/or pumpkin seeds.
-from My Recipes