March 14th Acubalance is open this week during Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak
March 14th: Acubalance is open this week during Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
If you are like me, your email inbox has been flooded by communications from companies detailing their responses to the coronavirus. Before I share with you what we are doing at Acubalance, I want to take a moment to share with you an optimistic thought.
The challenge that this outbreak represents to you, and to your family, friends and community is likely not similar to anything you have seen before. All of us currently find ourselves having to process our way through uncertainty. At some point though, hopefully sooner rather than later, the world will return to a new and better normal. Throughout history, people have always risen to meet whatever challenges have been thrown their way usually emerging stronger than ever.
What is most important now is that you remain safe and healthy and implement practices to support calm. We are committed to providing you care during this time of uncertainty, and our clinic remains open to serve you. For our fertility patients, Oliver fertility is still in full swing, so we are continuing to provide you with IVF acupuncture and laser for fertility support, including being available onsite at Olive on your transfer day.
Acubalance will remain OPEN this week during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. If anything changes, we will send you an update.
- We are taking the following precautions in light of the coronavirus outbreak:
- Frequently touched surfaces are sanitized several times a day, including door handles, countertops, desktops, POS machines, call buttons, and faucet handles.
- Cancellation fees have been waived to allow patients to cancel as needed.
- Any patient or staff member that has a cold, flu, or possibly the coronavirus has been told to stay home and not come to Acubalance.
- Our clinic allows people to maintain social distance with our private treatments.
- Patients are in a private treatment room for most their time in the clinic.
- IV nutrient therapy group settings on Fridays are no longer in a group setting (until further notice) and instead are in individual treatment rooms.
Telemedicine available to you March and April
The following consults can be made available through phone or video conferencing if you choose to not come in person. Please let us know if you want to book one of the virtual consults or convert your existing in-person session to one of the telemedicine consult.
- Naturopathic initial or follow up consults
- Herbal consults (Chinese herbal)
- TCM initial consults
- Belief change sessions (energy psychology) with Dr. Lorne Brown. These must be with audio and video We can coach you through setting up video sessions on our webinar account.
Tips to boost your well-being
- Hygiene - frequent hand washing
- Avoid or minimize sugar and alcohol
- Vit C
- Vit D3
- Moderate exercise
- Eat a low glycemic, anti-inflammatory diet (download Acubalance diet)
- Custom Chinese herbal formulas
- Reduce stress
- Acupuncture to reduce stress and boost your immune system
Please set up a consultation (in-person or phone consult) with your Acubalance practitioner should you have questions or require specific recommendations.
Remember, we are NOT equipped to screen or test for COVID-19 at our clinic. If you have any infectious symptoms (cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, gastrointestinal symptoms, fever, chills) we would ask that you do NOT come into the clinic to reduce the risk of exposure to others.
Dr. Lorne Brown B.Sc., Dr.TCM, CPA, FABORM, CHt
Acubalance clinical director.