LLLT: The Safe and Effective Way to Eliminate Pain
As a practitioner, it makes my day when I can add a safe and non-invasive modality like low level laser therapy (LLLT) also known as photobiomodulation, cold laser and laser acupuncture.
Over the past few years, I have done a deep dive into the research, taken additional LLLT training, read the few respectable texts and remained current by interviewing leaders in the field of LLLT/Photobiomodulation (PBM) such as Michael Hamblin Ph.D. and James Carroll. I am starting to feel like one of the Dr.TCM experts in laser Acupuncture (LLLT/PBM).
To create an effective protocol, you need a good enough laser system (check that box as we have 8 of them currently and our clinical results and the price we paid for them gives me confidence they are excellent) and probably equally or more important is knowing how to use the light therapy for the best and quickest clinical results. There is a sweet spot of how often to be treated on a weekly basis and how much of a dosage including how much time you deliver the dosage in a treatment that will determine if you get good results or no results.
If you wondering why it is such an amazing healing modality please continue reading below.
CLINICAL EFFECTS OF LASER THERAPY
The safe and effective way to eliminate pain and promote healing on a cellular level
- Angiogenesis and Neovascularization: An increase in oxygenated blood to the injured tissue accelerates tissue healing.
- Collagen Production: Proper alignment and remodeling of collagen reduces internal scar formation and enhances tissue elasticity.
- Muscle Regeneration and Muscle Atrophy: Repair of damaged muscle fibers and activation of myogenic satellite cells leads to regeneration of muscle tissue.
- Inflammation and Edema: Increase in inflammatory mediators such as macrophages, neutrophils, and lymphocytes accelerators and resolves the inflammatory process.
- Nerve Regeneration: Proliferation of growth factors promotes neuronal sprouting and myelin formation for optimal nerve recovery.
- Cartilage Production: Increase in chondrocyte and collagen production allows for improved cartilage deposition and joint function.
- Bone Formation: Proliferation of osteocytes and remodeling of bone extracellular matrix results in accelerated bone repair.
CLINICAL APPLICATIONS OF LASER THERAPY
Promotes healing and lasting pain relief.
- Musculoskeletal pain, injury & dysfunction
- Muscle strength, endurance & recovery
- Wound Healing
- Neuropathic Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Cognitive and emotional function
- Nerve regeneration
- Tennis Elbow
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Disc Herniation
- Ligament Tears
- Degenerative Osteoarthritis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Sperm Motility
- Female infertility
Best in Health,
Dr. Lorne Brown