Fertility Burn Out - Top Signs to Watch Out For
The good news is our body does know when we are under too much stress, and it gives us clues to watch out for. If we ignore these warning signs we continue to head to burnout.
- Sleep. If you have generally been a good sleeper but have recently noticed poor sleep this is one of the most common indicators, you’re struggling with too much stress. Cortisol is your body's stress hormone. In times of stress this hormone increases which decreases your sleepy time hormone called melatonin.
- You’re Getting Sick. If you have been fighting a cold more frequently or just noticing your immune system has not been up to the challenge, stress may be the cause. We know high stress levels can also decrease your immune system making you susceptible to colds and flus.
- Tension Headaches. Stress often causes neck tension, teeth grinding at night and jaw clenching. All of these can cause headaches and even migraines. If you have noticed more muscle tension and headaches even though you’re not doing any new physical activities, stress could be the cause.
- Digestive Trouble Stress induces an inflammatory response that easily upset your stomach. Constipation, loose bowels and generalized irritated bowels stress can often be the cause.
- Irregular cycles. All my fertility patients watch their cycles very closely, so this is a very common symptom that is reported here at Acubalance. The stress hormone cortisol also influences your hypothalamus-pituitary-ovary feedback loop. Too much cortisol can make the hormones released from your brain change which then influences how our ovaries function. If your cycles have suddenly become delayed or lighter than usual it could be your body responding to too much stress.
What Can You Do If You’re Experiencing Too Much Stress?
Taking Time For Yourself
How your body responds to stress is unique to you, the level of stress you are under and the duration you have been experiencing it. So, occasionally, stop, take a deep breath, and watch for some of these signs that your body may be telling you that you need some help.
More Information on Stress and Fertility - https://acubalance.ca/conditions-and-treatment/stress
Blog Post - 6 tips to Manage Stress - https://www.acubalance.ca/blog/6-tips-acupuncture-for-anxiety-vancouver-...
Best of Health