Ryan's Blog

Phase 3 - What You Can Do To Help Ovulation and Boost Fertility

Apr 06, 2016 | Dr. Ryan Funk, Dr.TCM, FABORM
This is the magical phase of a cycle where an egg is released from the ovary and if present, sperm will penetrate the egg to create an embryo. All of this happens in or around the Ovaries and fallopian tubes, not within the uterus. 

Phase 1 - What You Can Do During Your Period To Help Improve Your Fertility

Mar 30, 2016 | Dr. Ryan Funk, Dr.TCM, FABORM
There are 4 phases of a menstrual cycle and each phase fulfills a different purpose supporting your fertility.  Each of these phases offers an opportunity to help boost and improve fertility while increasing your chances of conceiving.  The four phases of your cycle are:

The Trilogy of Male Fertility! Boost by 42% or Bust by 49%

Mar 16, 2016 | Dr. Ryan Funk, Dr.TCM, FABORM
Although commonly overlooked, male factor infertility is very common. When looking at the stats infertility is 33% male factor, 33% female factor and 33% combination male/female factor. This means that 66% of the time there is a male problem that needs to be addressed yet in my practice I see the guys less than 30% of the time. Definitely an area of infertility where we need some improvement!

Why Is Infertility On The Rise? It's More Complex Than You Think!

Mar 14, 2016 | Dr. Ryan Funk, Dr.TCM, FABORM
The ability for couples to conceive has become harder and harder with each passing year. With infertility being so common few discuss why this has been happening.

Top 5 Mistakes Women With Endometriosis Commonly Make

Mar 09, 2016 | Dr. Ryan Funk, Dr.TCM, FABORM
Endometriosis has been diagnosed in approximately 12 million women in the United States alone and is one of the leading causes of infertility. It causes debilitating pain and decreases a woman's quality of life. Some of the most basic lifestyle changes can severely aggravate the symptoms associated with endometriosis. Are you making your symptoms worse without even knowing it?

Your Fertility Project Manager

Feb 17, 2016 | Dr. Ryan Funk, Dr.TCM, FABORM
You are like a project manager for my fertility! You have been able to help translate what my Doctors have been saying and explain all my treatment options. After my visits with you I have a clear understanding of what is going on and what I need to do to move forward with my fertility.  

Endometriosis Treatment Options To Boost Fertility You May Not Know About

Feb 05, 2016 | Dr. Ryan Funk, Dr.TCM, FABORM
I see women struggling with endometriosis daily in my practice here in Vancouver. The symptoms vary from painful periods, excessively heavy bleeding, uncomfortable intercourse and a variety of other ailments. What most have in common is infertility. Endometriosis can cause infertility in up to 50% of those effected.  

The Fertility Stair Case - 1 Step At A Time

Jan 18, 2016 | Dr. Ryan Funk, Dr.TCM, FABORM
It's easy to be overwhelmed when looking at all the information about fertility. There is literally mountains of things which improve your fertility as well as mountains of things harming your fertility. Filtering and figuring out how to implement these changes is daunting to say the least.

Improving Your Chances During a Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) A Patients Story

Jan 13, 2016 | Dr. Ryan Funk, Dr.TCM, FABORM
Frozen Embryo Transfers are becoming more and more common these days, even more so in many clinics than fresh embryo transfers. As mentioned in a previous blog by Dr. Lorne Brown there are many reasons a frozen transfer can offer greater benefits over a fresh.