5 (or more) Reasons to Use Chinese Medicine Fertility Treatments
Whether you are a newbie to Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine or an old expert I wanted to pass along a few of my favorite reasons why this type of medicine can be so effective in the treatment of infertility.
- Research supports the use of traditional Chinese medicine in the treatment of fertility and reproductive medicine. One review showed using chinese herbal therapy gave a 3.5 morelikelihoodof achieving a pregnancy when compared to that of western drug therapy. Another study has shown how acupuncture increases pregnancy rates in women who are poor responders in IVF. There is so much supporting research on the use of acupuncture and Chinese medicine fertility treatments. For a quick link to some of these follow this link
- Historical use. Traditional Chinese medicine has been treating infertility and other reproductive disorders for thousands of years with great success. This medicine has evolved over time to become highly beneficial not only when used by itself but also when combined with modern western treatments. One of the first herbal formulas mentioned in Chinese medicine for gynecology was during the Han Dynasty (206 BC - 220 AD).
- Clinical Success. In my practice I have seen many women trying to conceive but suffering with infertility. With treatment of traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture I can help address the challenges of infertility. My goal for fertility patients is not just achieving a pregnancy but the birth of healthy children to thriving parents. Our patients often share thier stories of success and treatment. Here is a link for you to read about their journeys.
- A different approach. The way traditional Chinese medicine approaches the topic of infertility is significantly different than that of western medicine. This is why combining Chinese and Western treatments can be of great benefit. Chinese medicine helps to optimize fertility by regulating your bodies own systems (reproductive, hormone, nervous, digestive, ....). By creating the healthiest environment within your body you will naturally become more fertile.
- No Side effects. There is no down side when using traditional Chinese medicine when treating infertility. Properly practiced, acupuncture will not have any negative side effects nor hinder the use of other fertility medications. Chinese herbal medicine is safe but care must be taken when combined with medications. It is important to see a practitioner who is properly trained and a great list can be found with the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM). There are so many other benefits and I may continue my list in a future blog.
I greatly enjoy my work and wanted to share some of my favorite reasons for choosing this profession. I know Chinese medicine can benefit so many people, especially in the treatment of infertility.