3 large yams (about 2 1/4 pounds), scrubbed
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons lime juice
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and oil a baking dish large enough to accommodate the sweet potatoes in a single layer.
2. Peel and cut the yams into wedges.
3. Combine the maple syrup, lime juice and water, and toss with the yams in the baking dish until they are thoroughly coated.
4. Cover the dish with foil and bake 35 minutes until tender.
5. Turn up the heat to 425 degrees. Uncover the dish, baste the yams with the syrup in the baking dish and sprinkle on the pecans
6. Continue to bake uncovered until the yams are thoroughly tender.