1/2 cup quinoa1 cup water
1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, or rice milk)
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup raisins or currants
1/4 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts, toasted
Fresh berries (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water in a fine mesh strainer and drain
- Boil the water, milk & salt
- Stir in the quinoa, turn the heat down to medium low, cover & simmer for 15 minutes
- The cereal is done when the quinoa has the consistency of oatmeal. If more liquid is needed, add more milk & simmer another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, currants, toasted nuts & berries.
From The Immune System Recovery Plan, Susan Blum, MD, MPH