2 yams - cut into 1 inch squares
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
3 cloves garlic
1 bunch kale, torn to bite size
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Toss yams with 2 tbsp of olive oil, season to taste and arrange evenly on a baking sheet
3. Bake yams for approx 25 mins until tender - then cool in the fridge
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and cook garlic and sliced onion until carmelized to golden brown (about 15 mins)
4. Stir in kale and cook gently until it is wilted.
5. Transfer kale mixture to a bowl and refridgerate until cool.
Once all ingredients have cooled, combine yams, kale, red wine vinegar and fresh thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper and toss/stir gently.