1 cup (250 mL) black, red or white quinoa
2 cups (500 mL) shredded, cooked chicken breast meat
½ cup (125 mL) chopped dried apricots
½ cup (125 mL) chopped pitted dates
1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground cardamom
1 teaspoon (5 mL) finely grated lime zest
3 tablespoons (45 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon (15 mL) liquid honey
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
¾ cup (185 mL) thinly sliced green onions
¾ cup (185 mL) packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
½ cup (125 mL) lightly salted roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
1. Cook the quinoa like pasta, 10-13 minutes in salted boiling water. Drain, cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Rinse under cold water.
2. In large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, chicken, apricots and dates.
3. In small bowl, whisk together cardamom, lime zest, lime juice, oil and honey. Add to quinoa mixture and gently toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until chilled or for up to 24 hours.
5. Just before serving, add green onions, mint and pistachios, gently tossing to combine.