4 bone-in, skinless organic chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lb)
1 lb peeled, seeded, and cubed butternut squash
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
3/4 lb sweet onions, halved if large
3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, divided
Vegetable oil cooking spray
2 tablespoons apricot preserves
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons chopped ginger
1 clove garlic, chopped
1. Position rack in lower third of oven; heat oven to 400°.
2. Season chicken with 1 tbsp chopped rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
3. In a bowl, toss squash with 1 tsp oil.
4. In a second bowl, toss onions with 2 tsp vinegar and remaining 1 tsp oil.
5. Coat a rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray. Place chicken on pan bone side up; spread squash and onion in a single layer around chicken; sprinkle vegetables with remaining 1 tbsp chopped rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper; roast 15 minutes.
6. In second bowl, combine preserves, mustard, ginger, garlic and remaining 1 tsp vinegar.
7. Flip chicken and brush with apricot-mustard sauce; turn veggies; roast until chicken's internal temperature reaches 165°, 10-15 minutes more.
8. Divide chicken and veggies among 4 plates; garnish each with a sprig of rosemary.