24-32 large BC Spot Prawn tails
4 Cloves garlic - minced
1 Bunch chives - chopped fine
1 tsp sea salt
4 tbsp melted butter
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
8 Presoaked wooden skewers (soaking the skewers prevents them from burning on the grill)
1. Mix together all ingredients, except the BC Spot Prawn tails, in a small bowl. Pour most of the mixture into a freezer bag with a zip closure - set aside about 1 tsp of this marinade for later.
2. Add the BC Spot Prawn tails to the bag with the lemon-garlic marinade and gently toss to coat. Squeeze as much air out of the bag as you can, and then close the zipper. Allow the prawns to marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
3. Remove the prawns from the marinade and then arrange them on the skewers, piercing both the meat and the end tail section (3-4 prawns per skewer).
4. On a preheated grill, place each skewer so that the tails are lying on their sides. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on this side, and while they’re cooking, brush them with the leftover marinade.
5. Turn the prawns over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Remove prawns from the grill and serve on a platter with dishes of your favourite dipping sauces. We suggest garlic butter, chili mayo, or tartar sauce.
From Finest at Sea