What is Erectile Dysfunction?
The term erectile dysfunction covers a range of disorders, including:
- Inability to obtain an adequate erection for satisfactory sexual activity (impotence)
- Curvature of the penis during erection (Peyronie's disease)
- Prolonged painful erection not associated with sexual desire (priapism)
- Premature ejaculation
Most men experience episodes of erectile dysfunction from time to time and it isn’t a big concern. However, when erectile dysfunction proves to be a persistent problem, it can interfere with your self-image and your sexual life. Anything that affects the delicate balance between sexual arousal, nervous system response and blood vessel response can result in erectile dysfunction.
How Chinese Medicine can Help
In many cases erectile dysfunction is the result of lifestyle factors. After a thorough evaluation, we will identify your Chinese medicine pattern and recommend a treatment plan that may include herbal formulas and acupuncture.
Some lifestyle changes that can minimize erectile dysfunction include:
- Limit or avoid the use of alcohol and other similar drugs
- Stop smoking
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Get enough sleep.
- See your doctor for regular checkups and medical screening tests.